Sprinkler Technicians work specifically in fire protection installation and repair of sprinkler and hose systems, fire mains, underground systems and underground closed valves. Inspect and test systems, repair defective, worn or broken parts, perform National Fire Protection Association inspections and testing on existing systems or new installations. Sprinkler Technicians create, maintain, inspect and modify new or current sprinkler systems within homes, commercial buildings and other areas sprinkler systems are necessary.Duties Include
- Selecting pipe sizes and materials, measures and marks pipes for cutting and threading, assembles and secures pipes, tubes and fittings, turns off existing systems to secure new pipes, weld and solder pipes to create joints and attach pipes to fixtures.
- Service and troubleshoot wet/dry systems, fire pumps-based fire sprinkler systems, and backflows, including repair and internal inspections of systems
- Layout drawings of full-scale piping systems, cut and bore holes in pipes, according to blueprints and specifications.
- Cleaning and modification current sprinkler systems.
- Knowledge of practical engineering applications.
- Knowledge of NFPA codes and standards and plumbing codes and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have strong work ethics
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Possess strong organizational, documentation, problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to use hand tools
In addition to an attractive wage, we offer the following featured Benefits for full-time employees:
- Possess High school diploma or equivalent
- Backflow License Preferred
- NICET a plus
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Consent for background screening upon hire
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools of more than 50lbs.
- Ability to work in somewhat difficult positions like climbing ladders, high lift equipment, working in crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Collaborative work environment
- On-the-job training and company paid training programs
- Teledoc services, if Healthcare coverage is elected
- 401K Plan
- Accidental and Critical Illness
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Company Cell Phone and additional IT requirements available for this role
- *In addition, this position offers a company vehicle, with maintenance care and fuel card and the necessary tools and equipment to perform the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Marmic Fire & Safety Company (MFS) is the successful expansion of Joplin Fire Protection (JFP) which began in 1951 with Charles and Mary Lou Teeter. After decades of practicing customer-centric service JFP added territories in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas with a second generation of the Teeter Family at the helm. During their tenure, Mickey and Martha Teeter formed a second company called Marmic to cover those areas outside of Joplin, MO Metro. Today, the third generation is charging ahead with Marmic's growing prominence in the Midwest and, indeed, the nation.
In its core services of fire extinguisher, sprinkler, fire alarm, industrial fire suppression, and kitchen system fire suppression MFS competes with the top fire protection companies in the country. But few, if any, other companies are as holistic in terms of safety. By installing and servicing security and access control systems it demonstrates a well-rounded concern for the protection of life and property. Additionally, selling personal protection equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, reflective vests, and more establishes MFS as a complete, one-stop shop for home and workplace safety equipment. This depth of services illustrates the importance the company places on customer safety no matter where they are or what they are doing.