The Sales Representative responsibilities include assisting the Sales Director in developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.Duties Include, But Not Limited To The Following
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, and Google Docs
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to work independently and leading a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to interact professionally in high stress situations
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
In addition to an attractive wage, we offer the following featured Benefits for full-time employees:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Have 2+ years experience in the field of sales and/or service
- Provide consent and meet background check and drug screening requirements, to be completed upon hire and throughout employment
At Marmic Fire & Safety we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply to further review the opportunity. In addition, we are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents.
- Collaborative work environment
- On-the-job training and company paid training programs
- Teledoc services, if Healthcare coverage is elected
- 401K Plan
- Accidental and Critical Illness
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Company Cell Phone and additional IT resources available for this role
- *In addition, this position offers a company vehicle, with maintenance care and fuel card and the necessary tools and equipment to perform the job.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Marmic Fire & Safety Company (MFS) is the successful expansion of Joplin Fire Protection (JFP) which began in 1951 with Charles and Mary Lou Teeter. After decades of practicing customer-centric service JFP added territories in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas with a second generation of the Teeter Family at the helm. During their tenure, Mickey and Martha Teeter formed a second company called Marmic to cover those areas outside of Joplin, MO Metro. Today, the third generation is charging ahead with Marmic's growing prominence in the Midwest and, indeed, the nation.
In its core services of fire extinguisher, sprinkler, fire alarm, industrial fire suppression, and kitchen system fire suppression MFS competes with the top fire protection companies in the country. But few, if any, other companies are as holistic in terms of safety. By installing and servicing security and access control systems it demonstrates a well-rounded concern for the protection of life and property. Additionally, selling personal protection equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, reflective vests, and more establishes MFS as a complete, one-stop shop for home and workplace safety equipment. This depth of services illustrates the importance the company places on customer safety no matter where they are or what they are doing.