Working with a team of professionals and the Warehouse Manager to successfully inspect, repair, test, and fill fire extinguishers, and other pressure cylinders and systems.Duties, Responsibilities To Include
- Inspect, repair, and test fire extinguishers using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices
- Hydro-test low pressure cylinders
- Dismantle extinguishers and examine mechanical parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means; replaces worn or damaged parts
- Clean extinguishers and recharge them with approved materials
- Working conditions include restricted movement, air contamination, lifting or carrying of heavy objects Maintain repairs and maintenance on fire extinguishers and systems is performed in accordance with NFPA-10 standards
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures in compliance with company policy and vision
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- All other duties as assigned
- JFP/Marmic/Anstar employee will possess Strong Communication skills, reporting and surveillance abilities, and problem solving skills to assist in Safety Management, Developing Standards, Inventory Control, Analyzing Information, Equipment Maintenance, and Managing Processes
In addition to an attractive wage, we offer the following featured Benefits for full-time employees:
- Possess High school diploma or equivalent
- Consent for background screening upon hire
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools more than 50lbs
- Ability to work in sometimes difficult positions like climbing ladders, high lift equipment, working in crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Collaborative work environment
- On-the-job training and company paid training programs
- Teledoc services, if Healthcare coverage is elected
- 401K Plan
- Accidental and Critical Illness
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Company Cell Phone and additional IT requirements available for this role
- Company Uniforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Marmic Fire & Safety Company (MFS) is the successful expansion of Joplin Fire Protection (JFP) which began in 1951 with Charles and Mary Lou Teeter. After decades of practicing customer-centric service JFP added territories in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas with a second generation of the Teeter Family at the helm. During their tenure, Mickey and Martha Teeter formed a second company called Marmic to cover those areas outside of Joplin, MO Metro. Today, the third generation is charging ahead with Marmic's growing prominence in the Midwest and, indeed, the nation.
In its core services of fire extinguisher, sprinkler, fire alarm, industrial fire suppression, and kitchen system fire suppression MFS competes with the top fire protection companies in the country. But few, if any, other companies are as holistic in terms of safety. By installing and servicing security and access control systems it demonstrates a well-rounded concern for the protection of life and property. Additionally, selling personal protection equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, reflective vests, and more establishes MFS as a complete, one-stop shop for home and workplace safety equipment. This depth of services illustrates the importance the company places on customer safety no matter where they are or what they are doing.