Kitchen Fire Suppression Apprentice
Construction and or mechanical experience translate well into this position
About the Opportunity
Fire Pros LLC is looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and can be a long-term career. Fire Pros, LLC, is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to Michigan area for over 30 years. Fire Pros is based in Grand Rapids, MI and has an excellent team of employees that are responsible for the installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, and fire extinguishers. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
Salary - per hour based on experience
- Potential quarterly bonuses
- Paid 3 hours at the time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 3 hours at the double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to (After Training):
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- **Must have work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with 3 or less points.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- Ability to lift to up to 75 lbs. and work overhead
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Wage
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation, driving record validation and Pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please.
Fire Pros LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time