The Fire Extinguisher & Kitchen Suppression Technician are responsible for the inspection, testing, servicing, and/or the installation of portable fire extinguishers, kitchen suppression systems, or other applicable fire safety equipment and systems to include emergency lights all in accordance with applicable fire codes.Duties Include
- Inspection of fire extinguisher(s) in accordance with NFPA 10 and kitchen extinguishing systems NFPA 96 and NFPA 17A and UL 300
- Conduct Inspections of hazard specific portable fire extinguishers
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde, Piranha, etc.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for fire extinguishers and restaurant fire suppression systems
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and reporting non-conformance issues.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to accommodate inspection schedules.
- Technicians must prepare accurate and timely inspection reports with customer signature and with excellent attention to detail to be turned in daily.
- Communicate in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a clean safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to an attractive wage, we offer the following featured Benefits for full-time employees:
- Possess High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years experience inspecting portable fire extinguishers is preferred
- 2+ years experience inspecting restaurant fire suppression systems is preferred
- Must be comfortable with heights, as you may work on a fork lift
- Must be able to lift 50+lbs
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must have strong work ethics
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable and sales driven
- Familiar with Google Docs
- Possess strong organizational, documentation, problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Collaborative work environment
- On-the-job training and company paid training programs
- Teledoc services, if Healthcare coverage is elected
- 401K Plan
- Accidental and Critical Illness
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Company Cell Phone and additional IT requirements available for this role
- Company Uniforms
- *In addition, this position offers a company vehicle, with maintenance care and fuel card and the necessary tools and equipment to perform the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Marmic Fire & Safety Company (MFS) is the successful expansion of Joplin Fire Protection (JFP) which began in 1951 with Charles and Mary Lou Teeter. After decades of practicing customer-centric service JFP added territories in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas with a second generation of the Teeter Family at the helm. During their tenure, Mickey and Martha Teeter formed a second company called Marmic to cover those areas outside of Joplin, MO Metro. Today, the third generation is charging ahead with Marmic's growing prominence in the Midwest and, indeed, the nation.
In its core services of fire extinguisher, sprinkler, fire alarm, industrial fire suppression, and kitchen system fire suppression MFS competes with the top fire protection companies in the country. But few, if any, other companies are as holistic in terms of safety. By installing and servicing security and access control systems it demonstrates a well-rounded concern for the protection of life and property. Additionally, selling personal protection equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, reflective vests, and more establishes MFS as a complete, one-stop shop for home and workplace safety equipment. This depth of services illustrates the importance the company places on customer safety no matter where they are or what they are doing.