The Billing Specialist is responsible for the processing, data entry and accurate billing of Fire Protection service orders in support of National Account Customers and their locations. They will ensure that each and every work order is properly invoiced with a high level of detail and accuracy for each line item. In addition, they will be responsible for the collection and resolution of any overdue payables on the processed jobs and will resolve any discrepancies as needed to ensure Accounts Receivable reporting metrics are met.Duties Include
- Post job processing of all completed work orders in Marmic’s software portals
- Data entry, paperwork submission and invoicing of any assigned customer specific software portals
- Produce line-item billing on a per job basis with a high level of accuracy to all customers in a variety of customer requested formats
- Document and resolve pricing questions or concerns either internally with Marmic branches or with customers as required
- Work with Marmic Branches and/or Partner Affiliates on missing paperwork requirements and/or pricing issues
- Monitor and manage the customer Accounts Receivable reports to ensure prompt and accurate payment is occurring and AR Metrics are being met
- Resolve any and all short pays, overpayments or other payment discrepancies from customer A/R reports
- Work with the Marmic National Account CSR’s and Department Manager to ensure customer pricing sheets are up to date and accurate
- Ensure proper paperwork and documentation is provided for each service order
- Maintain professional quality relationships with Branch and Affiliate Partners at all times.
- Meet or exceed all customer service metric’s (KPI’s or SLA’s)
- Support Marmic Branches and Partner Affiliates to set them up for success
- Ensure jobs are ‘pre-billed’ and prepared for post job processing Ensure successful closing as each month completes by way of complete and accurate job progression and processing
- Maintain customer scopes of work and job/customer specific pricing as assigned
- Other duties as designated
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, and Google Docs
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees and customers verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop strong working relationship with customers and Branch Managers
- Ability to speak and write English. Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to interact professionally in high stress situations
- Capability of thriving in a team environment where there are interdependencies with coworkers that are striving towards a common goal each day
- Driven by results
High School Diploma or equivalent required, undergrad in business management or similar fields encouraged. Prior experienced in either billing or Accounts Receivable preferred. Must pass pre-employment background and substance abuse screening upon hire and throughout employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Marmic Fire & Safety Company (MFS) is the successful expansion of Joplin Fire Protection (JFP) which began in 1951 with Charles and Mary Lou Teeter. After decades of practicing customer-centric service JFP added territories in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas with a second generation of the Teeter Family at the helm. During their tenure, Mickey and Martha Teeter formed a second company called Marmic to cover those areas outside of Joplin, MO Metro. Today, the third generation is charging ahead with Marmic's growing prominence in the Midwest and, indeed, the nation.
In its core services of fire extinguisher, sprinkler, fire alarm, industrial fire suppression, and kitchen system fire suppression MFS competes with the top fire protection companies in the country. But few, if any, other companies are as holistic in terms of safety. By installing and servicing security and access control systems it demonstrates a well-rounded concern for the protection of life and property. Additionally, selling personal protection equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, reflective vests, and more establishes MFS as a complete, one-stop shop for home and workplace safety equipment. This depth of services illustrates the importance the company places on customer safety no matter where they are or what they are doing.