VSC Fire and Security, Inc., a leading fire protection and life safety system contractor, is seeking an experienced Regional Safety Manager to join our team. This position will be based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Company car for travel to various East Coast offices.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction safety field.
- OSHA 30 certified (or more) required. Ability to train employees for OSHA 10 and 30 a plus.
- Ability to travel to offices and job sites on the East Coast and surrounding states.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate employees.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Eagerness for professional development and growth.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for potential use of company vehicle.
What you will do:
- Assist, plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with OSHA and other local, state, and federal rules/regulations.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable laws related to health and safety.
- Develop, plan, implement and conduct training for new and current employees in work site safety practices.
- Perform safety inspections and post-accident investigations. Prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective actions or preventive measures.
- Handle all workers' compensation claims including investigations, reporting, compliance, follow up care, and communication with third party administrator.
- Document employee files for noncompliance with safety policies and procedures, recommend disciplinary action when necessary, and monitor employee behavior to ensure full compliance in the future.
- Perform site safety audits and attend contractor meetings.
- Report to management on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Assists with motor vehicle accident management with regards to company vehicles.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!