VSC Fire & Security in Charlotte, North Carolina is seeking candidates for the position of Design Manager - Low Voltage.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $86,000-$91,000 and up based on experience.
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- Five to seven years of experience with AutoCAD or SprinkCAD or background in fire protection.
- NICET Level III or IV.
- Understanding of NFPA and local Authorities Having Jurisdiction, fire and building code requirements, as well as state and local code requirements.
- Ability to interpret architect drawings and specifications.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution, with an aptitude for leadership.
- Ability to review architectural drawings, mechanical, site, structural and completes site surveys, and research essential information as required for structural and mechanical elements.
- Ability to exercise a high level of autonomy in organizing, planning, and prioritizing multiple projects to meet individual deadlines with exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Monitor and enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- Associate or bachelor's degree in drafting (AutoCAD).
What you will do:
- Responsible for management, supervision, and training of the Design Department.
- Oversees all aspects of the design layout, field checking, material equipment submittals, hydraulic calculations, applicable installation requirements, and close out procedures performed by the Layout Technicians.
- Integrate other mechanical systems to ensure successful coordination with the fire suppression system and must be able to recognize potential conflicts with other trades.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC policies.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!