VSC Fire & Security, a multi-state fire protection and life safety systems contractor, with headquarters in Richmond,VA is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our corporate accounting department.
Responsible for performing a variety of accounts payables functions. Position works with other accounting staff, senior management, district staff and vendors to accomplish job functions.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge and experience in accounts payables functions to include specialized experience in multi-company invoice processing along with experience with general ledger and basic accounting functions.
- 3 to 5 years in multi-company experience is essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INVOICE PROCESSING
- Receive, sort, and prioritize invoices daily.
- Scan assigned district invoices daily
- Process purchase orders, overhead and project related invoices through workflow processes to ensure proper approval and coding.
- Weekly processing of payroll related invoices.
- Ensure proper sales tax or use tax accrual for all assigned invoices.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices to meet applicable due dates and to take advantage of all available discounts.
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and integrity.
- Individual works in office environment utilizing standard office equipment.
- Visual acuity for PC and record keeping activities, auditory acuity for heavy telephone use, and digital dexterity for heavy PC use are required.
- Occasional light lifting and moving (20-25 pounds) of office supplies.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!