VSC Fire & Security in Richmond, Virginia is seeking candidates for the position of Designer Apprentice - Sprinkler.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $17-$24 and up based on experience (overtime eligible).
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- Zero to one year of experience with AutoCAD or SprinkCAD or background in mathematics.
- Basic knowledge of the following: architectural drawings, site surveys, water data, fire suppression systems, state and local codes, and communication with site needs.
- Ensure compliance with NFPA standards and insurance requirements as well as all fire and building code requirements.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Eagerness for professional development and growth.
- Monitor and enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- Associate or bachelor's degree in drafting (AutoCAD)
- NICET Level I or II.
What you will do:
- The Apprentice position is for the individual who is learning and practicing all the steps, duties, and responsibilities of a Designer. They will work with and under the supervision of other Designers. It is the responsibility of the trainee to ensure that they are practicing and asking all the appropriate questions to ensure that they are growing their knowledge in design.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC policies.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!