Job Location: Harrisonburg - Harrisonburg, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc. has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities.
We are actively growing across our 6 states (VA, NC, SC, GA, AL,TN) to provide more consistency in schedules, faster response time to our clients, and internal promotion opportunities. We encourage you to apply if you are interested in a secure career with a company that will invest in you.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company Uniforms with dry cleaning options
- Boot Reimbursement every year
- Company Vehicle
- NICET Test reimbursement
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
The Sprinkler Technician installs and repairs fixed fire protection systems in commercial and industrial settings. Ensure customers understand the functionality of their system and communicate accordingly with Field Supervisor.
- Completes the lay out, fabrication, installation, repair, and maintenance of fixed fire protection systems
- Completes all services following manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures
- Interprets blueprints and/or working drawings in order to properly install, repair, and maintain systems
- Verifies and/or selects the proper materials for a specific job according to job specifications and tracks and communicates material needs in a timely manner
- Organizes and prepares materials and equipment to be moved to and from the job site
- Identifies necessary changes to proposed work and communicates with Field Supervisor to ensure changes are made appropriately
- Plans sequence of installation or repair to ensure that customers activities are not obstructed or adversely affected
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe using proper tools and machines and joins and secures pipe using proper standards and techniques
- Ensures that job sites are left clean and neat
- Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Eagle Fire’s reputation
- Commits to work until obligations are met, which may result in overtime
- Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position.
- Performs other related duties as required
- 4+ years of industry experience in Sprinkler Install and Service on Wet, Dry, Pre-action and Deluge systems.
- Read and interpret diagrams, blueprints, and design specifications.
- Experience with trade tools and equipment such as pipe threader and groover
- Able to meet state licensing requirements and/or vendor certifications.
- Fire Sprinkler Manufacturer’s Certifications
- NICET certification
- Has practical knowledge of fire protection codes and standards
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work alone
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record for last 5 years
- Able to stand for long periods of time and to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push, and pull
- Able to travel and stay out of town as needed
- Able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures
- Able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently and communicate effectively