Position: Shop Technician
This is a full-time position.
About the Company
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC., is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to Michigan for over 40 years. Fire Systems of Michigan has offices in Grand Rapids and Novi, with an excellent team of 100+ employees who are responsible for the inspection and installation of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and other fire protection services. We strive to provide our customers with the highest quality services to help keep them fire safe and code compliant. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the state. Fire Systems of Michigan is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions. Please visit our website, www.firesystemsofmichigan.com, to learn more about us.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Manage inventory and pull products needed for technicians on a daily basis
- Inspect, Recharge, and Hydro-Test Fire Extinguishers and System Cylinders to ensure cylinder is code compliant
- Receive and verify deliveries
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Work Area
- Assist Walk-In customers, if needed
- Perform minor repairs
- Training for all above responsibilities will be provided by experienced shop staff
- Experience working in a warehouse/shop in a similar role
- Highly proactive and chooses to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Strong work ethic, motivated to accomplish work goals and ensure the shop functions to meet the demands of our technicians, the business operations, and our customers
- Has excellent attendance, punctuality, and can be trusted to handle a high level of responsibility
- Can take on responsibilities and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must be safety conscious and follow all safety procedures
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to be on feet for majority of 8-10-hour shift
- Forklift experience preferred, but training can be provided
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 401K with company match
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company paid short and long-term disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening and driving record. No phone calls please.
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.