About the Company
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC., has been an industry leader for fire protection services in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area for over 40 years. We are based in Rockville, MD and have an excellent team of 85 employees who are responsible for the design, installation, and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and kitchen hood/duct systems. We have an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. Our company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
About the Opportunity
Guardian is seeking a Fire Alarm Technician with special hazards, FM200 preferably with a minimum of 2 years' experience and NICET certification. This position requires the ability to service, inspect and repair Fire Alarm systems for established commercial customers on a scheduled basis and must be available for on call rotation.
Potential Quarterly Bonuses
All hours worked between 6 pm and 5 am, paid at the time and half rate for every day of the week
Paid 4 hour minimum at the time and half rate for emergency service calls
Paid 4 hour minimum at the double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate
- Testing and Inspecting fire alarm systems in commercial buildings.
- Responding to service requests, diagnose system malfunctions of fire alarms and adjust, repair or replace equipment as needed to bring into compliance.
- Fire Alarm System testing and inspection per NFPA and local code standards.
- Preparing accurate and timely inspection and service reports
- Valid Driver's License with 3 or less points is required.
- Minimum of 3 years licensed driving experience is required.
- Advance knowledge of diagnostics and system repair preferred but not required.
- NICET certification preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience.
- Experience performing special hazard suppression system inspection and repair a plus but not required (FM200 and Halon).
- Functional knowledge to test and service the following fire alarm brands: Simplex, Notifier and Fire-Lite.
- Ability to be available on-call when scheduled.
- Must be comfortable working on ladders 6 to 12ft and on lifts..
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs, to work overhead and in unusual or small spaces such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Skills to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Skills to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- 401K with a company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Guardian Fire Protection Services is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
#Rockville #Maryland #Experience #FireAlarm #Technician