EXPERIENCED FIRE SPRINKLER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Fire Systems of Michigan • Full-time • Novi, MI, US • 13min ago
EXPERIENCED FIRE SPRINKLER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
About the Company
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC., is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to Michigan for over 40 years. Fire Systems of Michigan has offices in Grand Rapids and Novi, with an excellent team of 100+ employees who are responsible for the inspection and installation of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and other fire protection services. We strive to provide our customers with the highest quality services to help keep them fire safe and code compliant. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the state. Fire Systems of Michigan is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions. Please visit our website, www.firesystemsofmichigan,com, to learn more about us.
Perform service work and repairs of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA and local Authority Having Jurisdiction. Technician will need a deep understanding of wet and dry sprinkler systems, and what is needed to properly service and perform large repairs to these types of systems. Technicians need to be technology savvy because all repairs and inspections are to be input into the company's Service Trade application, with appropriate comments, information, pictures, videos, and other descriptions to properly explain the work performed. Technician may be asked to perform inspections occasionally. During inspections, technicians will be expected to accurately discern and document deficiencies, the materials and labor required to complete the repairs of the deficiencies. Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus.
Attention to detail with the ability to communicate with employees, employers, customers, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction both verbally and in writing. Travel throughout Michigan is required. Some overnights are required, as well as a driving record that meets or exceeds company standards as technicians will be provided with a company vans, and equipment. 40 plus hours a week will be required, as well as being available for weeklong on-call rotations after an introductory time has been completed. Technicians will be required to lift 70 pounds to perform this job function.
- Cutting and threading pipe
- Reading and understanding blue prints
- Bypassing and resetting fire alarm panels
- 5-year in internal valve and pipe obstruction investigations
- Exercise and test control valves and flow/tamper switches
- Isolate and drain fire sprinkler systems
- Flushing debris from various types of systems
- Installation, service, and removal of sprinkler heads, valves, and fittings
- Assess coverage and signage of building fire protection systems
- Inspecting and repairing wet, dry, pre-action and deluge sprinkler systems
- Able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed on company provided tablet.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for occasional emergency services.
- On-call Rotation
- Self-reliant individual with ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions according to company values
- Handle material and tools up to 100 lbs
- Ability to perform work from confined spaces, ladders, scaffolding and lifts
- Honest and trustworthy - ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Customer service focused
- Must be 21+ years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Valid driver's license & clean driving record
- Two years field experience as a sprinkler fitter, inspector or trainee preferred
- Functional knowledge of wet and dry sprinkler systems
- Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus
- NICET level II in inspection & testing of water-based systems or must be licensed by the State of Michigan is a plus
- 401K with company match
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company paid short and long-term disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Company Vehicle
- Novi, MI and surrounding area
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening and driving record. No phone calls please.
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.