Job Location: Kingsport, TN - Kingsport, TN
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Lead Fire Alarm Technician. Building Systems Technology, Inc. is a recognized leader in TN in sales, service and installation of Fire Alarm, Access Control, Security, CCTV, Nurse Call, and communication systems. Our growth and success have produced the need for a Low Voltage Installer/Technician in our Kingsport, TN office.
The position responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- • Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, and operational/product manuals
- • Field device terminations
- • Panel terminations
- • Programming and testing of various low-voltage systems
- • Responding to service calls for troubleshooting and repair of existing equipment
- • Rotating on-call•
- • Limited installation of low voltage and communications cabling
- • Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- • Work in unusual and difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, crawl spaces and above ceilings
- • Use a variety of hand and power tools
- • Prior fire & security technical and/or installation experience
- • NICET Level II, or higher, in Fire Alarm Systems preferred, not required
- • Valid driver’s license with good record OSHA 10 or higher preferred, not required
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Self-starter, independent with supervisory skills
- • Security and background check required
- • Experience installing and servicing Voice and Data, Security, Fire Alarm and CCTV equipment
Building Systems Technology, Inc. is an EST Strategic Partner. We offer an excellent benefit program, competitive compensation, and advancement opportunities. This position is eligible for a company vehicle, cell phone and laptop to be used for business purposes. BST is a TN drug-free workplace. We have offices in Knoxville, Kingsport, Chattanooga, Nashville, Decatur, AL, and Birmingham, AL.