The System Administrator's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of IT resources in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The System Administrator will work closely with the Director of IT to implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization as well as administration and support for daily operational activities of the IT department and VSC at large. The System Administrator will implement and support the continued efforts to move from on premise systems to highly available, resilient cloud solutions. The System Administrator will also assist in defining and implementing IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and support of IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals, etc.
- Perform server administration tasks (ex: user/group, security permissions, group policies, print services); research event-log warnings and errors; and monitor resources to ensure that systems architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Manage and maintain backup infrastructure across remote offices and the cloud.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, standards, and service provisioning.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Assist the IT Service desk and other teams by providing technical support when needed.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in information technology or computer science
- 6+ years of total IT experience including computer operations management, systems administration, backup administration, and security/compliance.
- 3+ years of experience in a on premise Microsoft Server environment
- 3+ years of experience in a Microsoft 365 environment
- 1+ years of experience in a Hybrid Exchange environment is desirable.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
- Proven success in an IT role.
- Experience with PowerShell and other automation/scripting technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Online services, including Azure AD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Teams.
- Experience in an On-Prem Microsoft environment, including Active Directory, Group Policy, and File and Print Services.
- Experience with VMWare and Veeam environments.
- Experience with SaaS applications.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefit options for you and your family
- Generous PTO
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Be a part of a growing company
- Paid weekly
- A referral program