VSC Fire & Security in Raleigh, North Carolina is seeking candidates for the position of Low Voltage Technician.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $18-$24 and up based on experience (overtime eligible).
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- One (1) year of experience installing commercial construction low voltage systems.
- Experience with NFPA 72, NFPA 70, FIC, electrical wiring, NFPA and NEC codes.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Proficient in following instructions in equipment manuals, comprehending, and composing these manuals into simple instructions.
- Demonstrate capability in following written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Competence in reading and interpreting electrical plans, drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Ability to pass various background checks when required.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- May require participation in on-call rotation.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- Experience and/or training in one or more of specialized system(s).
- NICET I Certification.
*AL applicants require a NICET II Certification*
What you will do:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with the installation and service of low voltage systems.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC.
- Participate in the service and inspection process to oversee project repair, testing, and completion.
- Manage delays, emergencies, damage and/or accidents at job sites to ensure proper procedures are carried out.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!