Job Location: Richmond, VA - Richmond, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities.
Provides inspection, functional testing services and repair of fire suppression systems. Performs inspection, installation, service and recharging of fire extinguishers and/or other special hazard systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Service position with continuous service to internal and/or external customers.
• Inspects and tests fire suppression and special hazard systems to ensure functionality.
• Inspects, installs, services and recharges fire extinguishers to ensure functionality.
• Expected to render all services in accordance with manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards and Company policies and procedures.
• Schedules inspections with customers.
• Provides documentation of inspection for Company records, customer records, authorities having jurisdiction and any other entity which may be required.
• Responsible for the timely completion of electronic inspection reports utilizing Asurio, obtaining customer signature, and attaching electronic report to the appropriate Service Call ID (SCID).
• Communicates discrepancies, necessary system repairs and other important issues to the customer.
• Provides documentation and accurate information on needed system repairs to the Field Supervisor.
• Follows up on rescheduled inspections and/or service department repairs to systems with the Company or customer to assure the completion of service.
• Responsible for accurately recording all time worked in MobilTec daily.
• Markets additional Company services to existing and potential customers.
• Provides on-call availability for customer emergencies and support for special projects as scheduled.
• Has and is expected to use the authority to make decisions that will provide successful transactions and satisfy customers.
• Accuracy and timeliness is a must.
• Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company reputation
- Must exhibit characteristics consistent with encouraging Team concept.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must provide quality customer service.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, plus
- 2+ years of experience in fire protection systems, plus
- Minimum Level II NICET certification in desired field required (or the ability to obtain Level II within the first 18 months of employment), OR The equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push and pull.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Must be able to travel and stay out of town as needed.
- Must be able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures.
- Must be able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels.
Eagle Fire Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law