VSC Fire & Security in Tampa, Florida is seeking candidates for the position of Designer II.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $28.00 -$35.00 based on experience (overtime eligible).
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- Three to five years of experience.
- NICET Level III or IV.
- Review architectural drawings, mechanical, site, structural and completes site surveys, and research essential information as required for structural and mechanical elements.
- Integrate other mechanical systems to ensure successful coordination with the fire suppression system and must be able to recognize potential conflicts with other trades.
- Ensure compliance with NFPA standards and insurance requirements as well as all fire and building code requirements.
- Provide updates to purchasing as installation schedule or change orders require modifications to meet installation schedule and deadlines and other requirements.
- Exercises a high level of autonomy in organizing, planning, and prioritizing multiple projects to meet individual deadlines with exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Communicate with Design Manager and Field Superintendent to review design, installation and testing of devices and systems throughout the project.
- Produce shop list utilizing computer software for fabrication of system piping.
- Monitor and enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- Associate or bachelor's degree in drafting (AutoCAD)
What you will do:
- Design, coordinate, and submit Fire Protection drawings, hydraulic calculations, seismic brace calculations, and material/equipment schedules. Stock list projects for fabrication and approve fabrication quotes.
- Assist and fill in for Design Manager, and help train less experienced designers as necessary.
- Responsible for the layout of sprinkler system drawings utilizing available information from the contract's defined scope of the project, architectural drawings, job specifications, site surveys, and relevant NFPA, IBC, UFC and local building codes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design layout, field checking, fabrication listing, material equipment submittals, hydraulic calculations, applicable installation requirements, and close out procedures.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC policies.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!