VSC Fire & Security in Charleston, South Carolina is seeking candidates for the position of Service Technician.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $18-$25 and up - overtime eligible
- Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm. May be some nights or weekends depending on customer needs.
- Company Service Vehicle
- Extra pay incentive for being on call.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
What you need:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in starting up, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic systems. This includes addressable and conventional fire alarm systems, server, and IP based systems as well as various other low voltage system wiring and components.
- Programming, commissioning, and system testing experience.
- Knowledge of multiple fire alarm manufacture's product lines is preferred. Systems such as Notifier, Firelite, Fike, FCI, EST, Siemens, Simplex, Hochiki and Silent Knight.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the customer needs.
- A valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- NICET Level II in Fire Alarms or CFAT Level II (Preferred)
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the commissioning and service of Fire Alarm, Special Hazard, Intrusion, Access Control, CCTV, Audio, A/V, Networking, and other low voltage system applications.
- Use your excellent attention to detail to accurately complete forms and documents related to the scope of the assignment.
- With your understanding of control wiring logic, read and comprehend drawings and schematics for each assignment.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!