We are looking for a fire alarm & suppression level I who has a passion for the customer and life safety. The perfect candidate has experience in the fire protection industry and can successfully perform inspections,?installation, testing, service and repairs of fire alarm systems, engineered and pre-engineered suppression systems. This includes confirming compliance?with applicable life-safety and fire-safety requirements as mandated by standards, codes, manufacturers requirements, federal, state and local ordinances, customer requirements, and the expectations and requirements of the company. This is a fast-paced and demanding role with high visibility within the company. This person must have inspection experience and their backflow license
Up to a $5,000 sign on bonus available
What You Will Be Doing
- Hourly rate starting at $23; compensation is based on experience and certifications
- Level up training program
- Education & Certification reimbursement program
- Referral bonuses starting at $1,000 per referral
- Comprehensive medical plan options, including dental and vision
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Management opportunities
- Opportunities for overtime with incentives
- Company giveaways
- Opportunities for community service and charity involvement
- Work at a mission-driven company, focused on people
- Continued growth and expansion into new markets and products and services
- Perform installation, inspection and testing of all types of fire alarm and engineered and pre-engineered suppression systems at the required frequencies in accordance with the requirements and instructions contained in the applicable NFPA codes and standards
- Perform programming, testing, final inspections, as-built drawings and customer training for installations. Troubleshoot and perform service and repair of fire alarm and engineered and pre-engineered suppression systems
- Record and document all inspections, repairs, discrepancies, and recommendations either electronically or manually
- Maintain a good positive relationship with the customer and pass on information to the appropriate personnel for follow up, quotes, questions, or concerns
- Maintain vehicle in clean and orderly fashion. Keep vehicle stocked with parts, equipment, and supplies, necessary to perform the job
- Maintain equipment and tools necessary to safely perform job
- Evaluate customer site for additional equipment and services that customer may require
- Work in compliance with the Company's safety program
- Perform on-site and/or off-site (phone) emergency troubleshooting of fire alarm and suppression systems
- Discuss deficiencies noted with customer, explaining the problem and its resolution
- There may be situations which require work on nights, weekends, and/or holidays. For some locations, these demands will be more frequent or required than others.
- Must be comfortable with heights, working on ladders or lifts, or in confined spaces
- A minimum of 6 months of technical experience with fire detection and signaling systems
- NICET 1 Certification in Fire Alarm Systems
- Must have Backflow License
- Must have inspection experience
- Must possess the ability to calculate basic math including fractions, decimals and percentages
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to understand and operate basic computer functions, operating systems and software applications such as Windows, Word, Apple IOS, Android and Outlook. In addition, required to learn and use industry specific devices and software
- Knowledge and understanding of low voltage and wiring. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Must currently have a valid U.S. driver's license
Who are we?
- 1 – 2 years of experience with fire detection and signaling systems
- Experience with electrical wiring and circuitry, desired
- State license where relevant in the state in which you are applying
CertaSite is a fast-growing fire protection and life safety company. Fire and life safety is our passion. It’s all we think about. We leverage our hard-earned expertise to give people peace of mind, confidence, and more time to pursue their core businesses. Since 2018, we have grown from four to 18 markets while serving more than 30,000 customers throughout the Midwest.
As we grow and expand into new markets, we are building a team that loves what they do and has fun doing it. If you are looking to be challenged every day, for an opportunity to make a meaningful impact, and to grow with a mission- and people-driven company focused on the customer, we hope you will consider this amazing opportunity.Our Mission:
To provide a meaningful impact to as many lives as possible.Our Vision:
To be the most dependable and simplified life safety solution on the planet.Our Values:
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Overtime may be required, and the number of hours may vary based on work location. May be exposed to all kinds of work environments. Varying work environments from hot to cold temperatures and exposure to dust. Occasionally asked to travel overnight to a customer location. Must be able to successfully lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Frequent lifting and carrying of toolboxes, equipment, parts, tools, equipment, cabling, and/or wiring. Frequent ladder climbing and checking, pulling wire, etc. Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, and raising hands overhead. Driving is required and the amount of time driving may vary. Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this position in accordance with safety standards
- Passionate – We are on a relentless pursuit to be great, not just good enough. And we have fun doing it.
- Impactful – Our work makes a real difference in the world. We literally save lives, but that’s just the beginning.
- Innovative – We believe there is always a better way. We don’t stop until we find it.
- Genuine – We do what we say, and we mean it. We are authentic and dependable.