Job Location: Birmingham BST - Birmingham, AL
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Building Systems Technology, Inc. (BST) has offices located throughout East Tennessee, Middle Tennessee and Alabama. BST is a regional leader in life safety, security, communication and voice/data systems, serving thousands of customers throughout the Southeastern United States. BST offers an array of fire alarm, integrated security, sound and communications, nurse call, voice/data and customized low voltage systems. We offer our industry-leading product solutions, system designs and services to commercial and industrial building owners, government installations, schools, universities, hospitals, and anywhere life safety, security, property protection and reliable IT structured cabling systems are vital.
Service Technician position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responding to service calls for troubleshooting and repair of existing equipment
• Programming and testing of various low-voltage systems
• Rotating on-call (available to dispatch for after-hours service when assigned as the primary on-call technician)
• Read and interpret blue prints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, and operational/product manuals
• Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Work in unusual and difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, crawl spaces and above ceilings
• Use a variety of hand and power tools
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customer and their staff.
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
Overnight travel may be required.
• Experience installing and servicing Voice and Data, Security, Fire Alarm and CCTV equipment.
• NICET Level II, or higher, in Fire Alarm Systems preferred, not required
• Valid driver’s license with good record
• OSHA 10 or higher preferred, not required
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter, independent with supervisory skills
• Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Successfully pass drug test
• Must pass security background check in order to obtain alarm license.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer requirements. May be required to work overtime and be on call, to respond to emergency situations
Building Systems Technology, Inc. is an EST Strategic Partner. We offer an excellent benefit program, competitive compensation, and advancement opportunities.
BST is a TN drug-free workplace.
We have offices in Knoxville, Kingsport, Chattanooga, Nashville, Birmingham and Huntsville, AL.