VSC Fire & Security in Virginia Beach, Virginia is seeking candidates for the position of Inspector.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $22-$27 and up based on experience (overtime eligible).
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience in inspections of fire sprinklers and low voltage systems.
- Licensure per state and local requirements.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes as well as NFPA, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of inspection and testing chemical suppression systems.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Eagerness for professional development and growth.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- NICET Level II
- Experience in the construction or electrical industry.
- General working knowledge of industrial and/or commercial installation methods.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings.
What you will do:
- Inspect and test the installation and service of fire sprinkler systems, backflow prevention assemblies, and fire alarm systems per NFPA-25 & 72 (National Fire Protection Association), and other applicable codes.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC policies.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!