VSC Fire & Security in Virginia Beach, VA is seeking candidates for the position of Low Voltage Designer l.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $19-$28 and up based on experience (overtime eligible).
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- One to three years of experience with AutoCAD a background in mathematics.
- NICET Level I or II.
- Ability to review architectural drawings, mechanical, site, structural and completes site surveys, and research essential information as required for structural and mechanical elements.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- Associate or bachelor's degree in drafting (AutoCAD).
What you will do:
- Design, coordinate, and submit low voltage drawings, and material/equipment schedules.
- Integrate other mechanical systems to ensure successful coordination with the low voltage system and must be able to recognize potential conflicts with other trades.
- Ensure compliance with NFPA standards and insurance requirements as well as all building code requirements.
- Provide updates to purchasing as installation schedule or change orders require modifications to meet installation schedule and deadlines and other requirements such as Buy American Act.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC policies.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!