VSC Fire & Security, a multi-state fire protection and life safety systems contractor, with headquarters in Richmond,VA is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our corporate accounting department.
Responsible for supervising the Accounts Payable Specialists to ensure that all tasks related to the Disbursement Cycles of our multi-office, multi-state processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, development, and performance of 4-6 AP Associates.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all operational areas of accounting, financial reporting, and month-end closing especially as it relates to expense accruals.
- Assist manager in enforcing adherence to procurement and pay policies and procedures.
- Work with manager to identify and implement improvements to support efficiency and strong financial controls.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors. This includes compliance with 1099 laws and maintenance of vendor records.
- Ensure compliance with state sales and use tax laws on invoices.
- Assist with Audits. Sarbanes Oxley experience a plus.
- Communicate appropriately with vendors when requesting assistance, invoice copies and other problem resolution.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with Purchasing Manager or Coordinator and other district employees when seeking information or responding to requests for assistance.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with corporate staff.
- Provide support for Controller, AP Manager, Senior AP Analyst, and/or other accounting staff as needed.
- Daily processing of Electronic Funds Transfers and weekly check runs along with associated filing.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience with at least 2 years in a leadership role. Preferably supervising AP operations.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time and resource management skills including effective prioritization of individual and team tasks in a deadline oriented, ever-changing environment is required.
- Microsoft Office Skills including Excel required.
- Previous experience using accounting software and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial disbursement controls.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!