Job Location: Knoxville BST - Knoxville, TN
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Building Systems Technology, Inc. is a recognized leader in TN in sales, service and installation of Fire Alarm, Access Control, Security, CCTV, Nurse Call, and communication systems. Our growth and success has produced the need for a AutoCAD Designer in our Knoxville, Chattanooga, or Nashville office. .
Position Title: AutoCAD Designer Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Reports To: VP-Administration Department: Field Support Services
Provides design and technical support for installation and repair of Low Voltage projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses discretion and judgment to complete design and installation drawings for low voltage systems.
- Creates project material and equipment lists based on the completed design drawings.
- Conducts analytical studies of fire protection proposals to develop designs in compliance with NFPA codes, manufacturer instructions and customer requirements.
- Support the operation by communicating with field personnel and subcontractors to properly execute the installation of the system based on modifications due to field conditions.
- Performs and checks fire alarm system calculations.
- Assists with fire protection system bid estimates.
- Provides standard documents of designs for Company records, authority having jurisdiction and any other entity which may be required.
- Prepares analysis of criteria or data and prepares reports to determine if design meets functional and performance criteria.
- Communicates any design issues, job schedules, and other routine communications to the customer and Service Center Manager.
- Participates in pre-submittal, project review and job cost meetings.
- Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company’s reputation.
- Expected to keep our word 100% of the time and work every day until our obligations are met.
- Has and is expected to use the authority to make decisions that will provide successful transactions and satisfy customers.
- Responsible for completing continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position.
- Must continuously adhere to Company’s Controlled Substances and Alcohol
- Expected to work safely, by using good judgment and following all Company safety policies and work procedures with authority to stop an unsafe act.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must exhibit characteristics consistent with encouraging Team concept.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must possess Electrical and Low Voltage Design Experience. Low Voltage Certifications is a plus.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude with the ability to use trade tools and equipment. Low Voltage System Design is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction documents and shop drawings.
- Must provide quality customer service.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work alone.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must handle multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Must interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
- Must possess the ability to handle change, resolve conflict and solve problems as they arise with minimal direction.
- Must possess excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Professional, applicable database programs, CADD operation, and a working knowledge of interface equipment used in above duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus
- 7+ years of experience in the desired trade, plus
- Minimum Level II NICET certification in desired field required (or the ability to obtain Level II within the first year of employment), OR
- Ability to operate CADD required, plus.
- The equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push and pull.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must be able to travel out of town.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use a telephone, computer, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to operate and efficiently use varied hand tools, measuring instruments and gauges and assorted industry related small machines.
- Must be able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures.
- Must be able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels.