VSC Fire & Security in Greenville, South Carolina is seeking candidates for the position of Designer I.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. Range $18.50 - $24.00 based on experience (overtime eligible).
- Monday - Friday (occasional evening, weekend, and out-of-town work).
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Relevant educational and licensure reimbursement for qualified candidates.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- One to three years of experience with AutoCAD or SprinkCAD or background in mathematics.
- NICET Level I or II.
- Review architectural drawings, mechanical, site, structural and completes site surveys, and research essential information as required for structural and mechanical elements.
- Integrate other mechanical systems to ensure successful coordination with the fire suppression system and must be able to recognize potential conflicts with other trades.
- Ensure compliance with NFPA standards and insurance requirements as well as all fire and building code requirements.
- Provide updates to purchasing as installation schedule or change orders require modifications to meet installation schedule and deadlines and other requirements such as SWAM and Buy American Act.
- Produce shop list utilizing computer software for fabrication of system piping.
- Monitor and enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to pass various background checks.
- Reliable transportation, valid State Driver's License with acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
- Desirable (but not required!):
- Associate or bachelor's degree in drafting (AutoCAD)
What you will do:
- Design, coordinate, and submit Fire Protection drawings, hydraulic calculations, seismic brace calculations, and material/equipment schedules. Stock list projects for fabrication and approve fabrication quotes.
- Maintain proper Risk Management and Safety procedures on all job sites per VSC policies.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!