VSC Fire & Security in Richmond, Virginia is seeking candidates for the position of Low Voltage Installation Technician
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. $20-$28 and up per hour depending on experience level - overtime eligible.
- Company vehicle following proven skills and ability level.
- Typical hours of Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm. May be some nights or weekends depending on customer needs.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Referral Bonuses.
What you need:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience installing low voltage systems.
- Proficiency with the tools of the trade.
- Strong knowledge in commercial construction installation practices regarding the installation of low voltage systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and schematics as well as follow written and verbal instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the customer needs.
- Have BICSI, CTS, DCJS registration, or other applicable low voltage certifications? Be sure to let us know as it will move you to the top of the list!
- Valid VA State Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services background check and attain active registration status.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the installation of wiring and equipment as it relates to Intrusion, Access Control, CCTV, Audio, A/V, Structured Cabling and other low voltage system applications.
- Work and wire circuits and systems ranging from 12 volts to 70 volts.
- Perform paid on-call weekly rotation along with the existing field team.
- Use your excellent attention to detail to accurately complete forms and documents related to the scope of the assignment.
- With your understanding of control wiring logic, read and comprehend drawings and schematics for each assignment.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!