Job Location: Richmond, VA - Richmond, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities.
We are on a path of growth and looking for team members to add to our growing offices who are interested in company training, educational opportunities, and potential for upward mobility as we value promoting from within.
The Fire Alarm Technician Trainee tests, repairs, and inspects fire detection systems. He or she must provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or GED, experience in fire alarm systems OR related electrical, programming, and troubleshooting experience with long-term goals of becoming a NICET II certified Fire Alarm Technician in a two-year period.
- Service position with continuous service to internal and/or external customers.
- Assists Fire Alarm Technicians in the testing, maintenance, and inspection of fire detection and signaling systems.
- Expected to render all services in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures.
- Expected to learn the trade with the ultimate goal of becoming a Certified NICET II Fire Alarm Technician.
- Assists in preparing and moving materials and equipment to and from job sites.
- Assists in setting up of work area, including equipment and machine setup.
- Operates and uses varied hand tools, measuring instruments and gauges, and assorted industry-related small machines.
- Accuracy and timeliness is a must.
- Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company’s reputation.
- Expected to keep our word 100% of the time and work every day until our obligations are met, which may result in overtime.
- Expected to work toward achieving NICET certification in desired trade.
- Must continuously adhere to Company’s Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard.
- Expected to work safely, by using good judgment and following all Company safety policies and work procedures with authority to stop an unsafe act.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Exhibits characteristics consistent with encouraging Team concept
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Able to lift and move objects weighing up to 100 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas
- Able to stand for long periods of time and to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push, and pull
- Able to drive a vehicle
- Able to travel and stay out of town as needed
- Able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures
- Able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels
Eagle Fire Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.