Job Location: Richmond, VA - Richmond, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities. We are actively growing and have an immediate need for an experienced professional to join our team and help continue to build the future of Eagle Fire!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the VP of Finance/Controller is responsible for all aspects of the accounting and financial controls, general ledger maintenance, period end close, and consolidated financial statement preparation. The position has full oversight of cash activities reporting/management, accounts payable/receivable, expense/revenue reporting, and debt/equity reporting. This role will partner with Field Operations and Operations management to provide accounting and decision support with financial analysis. The position interfaces with internal customers and stakeholders in the field and other corporate functions, driving continuous improvement to deliverables and processes supporting these customers. Excellent opportunity for growth with this private equity backed company, along with significant exposure to Senior Leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage and develop the accounting/finance department staff, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and maintaining superior standards for accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage the Financial Planning & Analysis and General Accounting functions.
- Manages all aspects of the general ledger and month-end and year-end close process, including process improvements to shorten close cycle.
- Prepare and analyze monthly percentage of completion revenue recognition process.
- Prepares management’s monthly financial reporting and analysis package comparing results to Budget/Forecast and Prior Year.
- Reviews variance analyses and P/L reporting at the company, regional, and job levels.
- Own the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes.
- Development of an effective forecasting process by working with business leaders using forecasting best practices.
- Owns the annual financial audit with external auditors.
- Ensure maintenance of and continuous improvement of internal controls and business processes.
- Support the integration of acquired companies.
- Assists the CFO with business improvement projects.
- Responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of information and disclosing information to only the President, CFO, and/or VP of HR.
- Must continuously adhere to Company’s Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard.
- Expected to work safely, by using good judgment and following all Company safety policies and work procedures with authority to stop an unsafe act.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, public accounting experience preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in Accounting / Finance
- Experience with team building / hands on leadership style
- Strong experience with month and period end close
- Experience with consolidated financials and financial statement preparation
- Experience with job costing
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with data gathering and creating analyses to support decision making
- Experience with creating change / continuous improvement
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use a telephone, computer and other office equipment