Job Location: Winston-Salem, NC - Winston-Salem, NC
Salary Range: Undisclosed
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc. has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities. We promote our team members' personal and professional development in order to enhance sustained growth of our company and to best serve our clientele. Eagle Fire engages in collaborative partnerships with our clients to deliver design-focused solutions with an unyielding approach toward results. While others may be content with technical compliance, we are only satisfied with incident-free outcomes. If you are interested in joining our fine family of professionals, we encourage you to continue with this applicant-friendly online job application.
The Field Technician is responsible for inspecting and repairing fixed fire protection systems. The ideal candidate will have a valid NICET level II in Inspections and Testing of Water-Based Systems OR be eligible to receive proper NICET certification within 18 months of employment. Basic knowledge of alarm inspections is a plus!
- Completes all services following manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures
- Schedules inspections with customers as required
- Provides documentation of inspections for Company records, customer records, authorities with jurisdiction, and any other entity required
- Communicates discrepancies, necessary system repairs, and other important issues to the Company and the customer
- Trains Technician Trainees as assigned
- Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for the position
- Adheres to ALL Company Standards and Procedures, including the Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard
- Works safely using good judgment and by following all Company safety policies and work procedures and uses authority to stop an unsafe act
- Performs other related duties as required
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Has practical knowledge of fire protection codes and standards
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work alone
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
- Able to interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally
- Able to stand for long periods of time and to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push, and pull
- Able to travel and stay out of town as needed
- Able to operate and efficiently use measuring instruments and gauges and assorted industry related devices
- Able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures
- Able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels
- Boot Reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- NICET Test reimbursement
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniforms Provided
Eagle Fire Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.