Job Location: Savannah, GA - Savannah, GA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities.
Our company is actively growing across VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, and TN to provide more consistency in scheduling and faster response times to our customers. As we take on new work, we have additional hiring needs along with tons of promotional growth and career advancement opportunities. Join us now to be apart of a leading company in fire protection and secure your future today!
The Sprinkler Technician Trainee assists the Sprinkler Technician in the layout, fabrication, installation, repair, and maintenance of fixed fire protection systems including wet, dry, preaction and deluge. Expected to learn the sprinkler trade through the Apprenticeship Program with the ultimate goal of becoming a NICET II certified Sprinkler Technician running an assigned company truck.
Candidates with prior construction industry experience and/or mechanical aptitude are encouraged to apply for this awesome career opportunity!
- Assists in preparing and moving materials and equipment to and from job site.
- Assists in set up of work area including equipment and machine set up.
- Trains with Technician to learn and complete the layout, fabrication, installation, repair, and maintenance of fixed fire protection systems
- Completes all services following manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures
- Learns from Technician how to interpret blueprints and/or working drawings in order to properly install, repair, and maintain systems
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe using proper tools and machines and joins and secures pipe using proper standards and techniques, after receiving hands-on training with certified technician
- Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for the position
- Adheres to ALL Company Standards and Procedures, including the Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard
- High school diploma or GED required; some post high school education or training preferred
- Experience in the fire protection industry preferred
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to lift and move objects weighing up to 100 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas
- Able to stand for long periods of time and to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push, and pull
- Able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures
- Able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Apprenticeship available
- NICET testing fees
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Recruiting Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Uniforms Provided
Eagle Fire Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.