Job Location: Manassas, VA - Manassas, VA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities.
We are looking for a Safety Technician to join our team and help ensure the safety of our employees on a specific general contractor job site in Manassas, Virginia for a 8-10+ month contract period, with potential extension for future projects. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of safety regulations, and be certified in OSHA 30- Construction, First Aid/CPR, and MEWP.
- Conduct periodic inspections of construction job site for safety compliance
- Conduct job site safety inspections and audits
- Conduct worksite risk assessments, identifying and controlling potential hazards
- Monitor safety equipment and systems to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Conduct safety training for employees.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to determine root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain records of safety inspections, tests, and training sessions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work alone.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess good mechanical knowledge of the use of trade tools and equipment.
- Must provide quality customer service.
- Must continuously adhere to Company’s Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard.
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manassas, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CONSTRUCTION SAFETY: 1 year (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)