VSC Fire and Security in Baltimore is seeking candidates for the position of electrician.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary - overtime eligible
- Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm. May be some nights or weekends depending on customer needs.
- Extra pay for being on call.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
What you need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical installation background.
- Experience with a strong emphasis on installation rather than maintenance.
- Knowledge with NEC, IBC, NFPA72 and NFPA70 as they relate to the system installation of fire alarms.
- NICET Certification or NICET Certification Study for Level 1 in Fire Alarm systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple fire alarm manufacture's product lines is preferred. Systems such as Notifier, Firelite, Fike, FCI, EST, Siemens, Simplex, Hochiki and Silent Knight.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the customer needs.
- Have NICET, BICSI, AVIXA, low voltage certification, an electrical journeyman's card, or electrical apprenticeship training? Be sure to let us know as it will move you to the top of the list!
- A valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record for use of company vehicle.
What you will do:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with the installation fire alarm systems, as well as other types of low voltage systems.
- Work with the team to pull cable, install equipment in racks, and mount any required special boxes.
- Use your excellent attention to detail to accurately complete forms and documents related to the scope of the assignment.
- Be able to move materials and equipment weighing 50-75 pounds and work 6 feet or more above ground level using lifts, platforms, and ladders.
- With your understanding of control wiring logic, read and comprehend drawings and schematics for each assignment.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
VSC Fire and Security Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!