VSC Fire and Security, a leading fire protection and life safety system contractor, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Fire Extinguisher Technician for our Austin district office.
This technician must carry an FAL (Fire Alarm) and a K (Kitchen and Portable Fire Extinguisher) license in the state of Texas.
- The Fire Extinguisher Technician is responsible for the inspection, testing, servicing, and/or the installation of portable fire extinguishers, kitchen suppression systems, or other applicable fire safety equipment and systems to include emergency lights and exit lights all in accordance with applicable fire codes.
- The Fire Extinguisher Technician will be hired at a level of experience in the inspection, testing, servicing and/or installation of applicable fire safety equipment as well as kitchen and dry chemical systems.
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record to be approved to drive a company vehicle.
- The position requires the ability to accurately complete electronic forms/documents related to the inspection process along with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work additional hours, accept assignments requiring overnight travel, and the ability to work flexible schedules may all be required at some point in order to accommodate testing schedules.
- The Fire Extinguisher Technician will be expected to interact and communicate in a professional manner not only within the organization but also with customers.
VSC Fire & Security offers competitive pay, an excellent benefits package, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and holidays.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!