Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Inspector in the Atlanta,GA district. With annual sales of more than $170 million, we are growing rapidly and are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 1000 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth and success. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire and Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
We are looking for Inspector with a proven track record in our industry. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals with NICET certification by offering:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Relocation incentive (when appropriate)
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and, paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
This Inspector is responsible for the inspection and testing of multiple types of fire protection, fire alarm and security systems in medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The ideal candidate for an Inspector position will have NICET certification and will demonstrate:
- Experience in the inspection, testing, repair and service of fire protection and security systems
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards and state/local codes
- Experience with fire alarm and special hazards systems (desired)
- NICET level II certification or greater (preferred)
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record for approval to drive a company vehicle
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to accurately complete electronic based inspection forms/documents related to the inspection process
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to represent VSC Fire and Security, Inc. in a professional manner when interacting with both internal and external customers
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed is required to accommodate inspections/testing schedules
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!