VSC Fire and Security, Inc., a leading fire protection and life safety system contractor headquartered in Richmond, VA, is seeking a IT Service Tech to be a part of the Help Desk team.
What you will do:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process, and provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Record events and problems and their resolution in out ticketing system and follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team as well as identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
What you need:
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 2-4 years of helpdesk/incident experience in an IT environment.
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience in any field.
- Experience with Web based applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a Microsoft environment preferred, Active Directory, GPO, Server 2012R2 and newer.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance.
- Referral Bonuses.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!