Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Low Voltage Estimator in Orlando, Florida. With annual sales of more than $200 million, we are growing rapidly and are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
OVERVIEW: Responsible for system design, pricing and estimating.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide complete system design to include proper devices and cabling. Be sure all designs meet all applicable local, state and federal codes.
- Be proactive in the bidding process to ensure bid deadlines are being met and projects are being bid at competitive prices.
- Be constantly aware of projects up for bid and insure we are bidding all projects feasible to bid.
- Be aware of products being specified and make necessary contacts to insure VSC Fire and Security and their products are approved to bid.
- Maintain necessary relationships with Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Electrical Contractors, Vendors, AHJ's and other business-related contacts.
- Have a working knowledge of all local, state and federal regulations and codes that apply to fire alarm, fire suppression, nurse call, mass notification, emergency evacuation, video surveillance, access control, structured cabling and/or any other system or type system designed or estimated.
- Write accurate proposals with detailed scope of work, inclusions, exclusions, licensing information, accurate pricing and other information as needed.
- Attend pre-bid meetings as required.
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Create shop drawings, as-built drawings, submittals, close outs as needed.
- Assist sales personnel on site surveys as needed.
- Maintain a minimum of NICET Level II Fire Alarm Systems.
- Actively participate in self-development and continuing education to maintain necessary certifications, keep abreast of new and developing technology, stay informed of changing codes and business trends and communicate those changes to colleagues.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!