VSC Fire & Security, a leading fire protection and life safety systems contractor, is seeking an experienced Low Voltage Service Technician for the Springfield, VA area.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The Low Voltage Service Technician is responsible for assisting with the service of fire alarm systems, as well as other types of low voltage systems. This position will be expected to interact and communicate in a professional manner not only within the organization but also with customers. The technician who fills this position will be able to hit the ground running with minimal training.
The qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of 5 year's experience servicing Notifier Fire Alarms Systems is highly desired. Additional experience with Firelite, Silent Knight and FCI fire alarm product lines is also required.
- Experience with NFPA 72 and NFPA70 as they relate to the system installation of fire alarm, experience (preferred but not required)
- NICET Certification or NICET Certification Study for Level I certification in Fire Alarm Systems is with the ability to obtain NICET Level II Certification within two years of employment (preferred not required)
- Attention to detail with the ability to accurately complete forms/documents and read/comprehend drawings and schematics
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules is required in order to meet customer requirements and to cover after-hours emergency service calls in rotation with the other Fire Alarm Service Technicians
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 900 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
To watch a brief video related to the many career opportunities with VSC Fire & Security and to hear from some of our current employees, please click here.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!