This job description outlines representative job duties associated with the position but is not intended to be a complete or exclusive description of all possible assignments and tasks the individual employee may encounter in the course of work. To meet the needs of the workplace, an employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Responsible for a wide variety of administrative and accounting tasks for managers and department staff. Depending on scope of duties, may provide support to several areas or be assigned to a specific department. Duties may include responding to telephone inquiries, develop quotes, project and contract processing, accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable and collections. May also handle purchasing and receiving procedures. Supports division or department sales activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work with accuracy and judgment in responding to a wide variety of tasks.
- Experience with customer service should include professional telephone skills, ability to handle customer issues, and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with bookkeeping procedures, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office) essential with accurate keyboarding skills; aptitude to learn VSC software packages; ability to work with multiple tasks and customer issues.
- Construction industry experience helpful, Fire Sprinkler industry experience preferred.
- Ability to make potential client contacts, meet external representatives at all levels of the client organization and represent the Company in a professional manner with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong estimating skills with knowledge of installation materials, labor requirements, and overall project management requirements with the ability to prepare estimates. Ability to read blueprints, specifications and technical data sheets
- Knowledge of applicable state, local and IBC Codes, NFPA Standards, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Maintain contact with AHJs governing the location of the company's work geography.
- Good record keeping skills is essential to complete forms and documentation related to sales proposals and project management.
- Demonstrated PC skills with Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as experience using a customer database management system.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
- PROJECT and ACCOUNTING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and maintains Project file for each contract, using VSC software.
- Reviews contracts for accuracy and completion of required information.
- Provides quotes for Inspection deficiencies
- Provide customer with requested information regarding required work.
- Provide parts and material list, once customer approves work.
- Notify Field Superintendent when quote is approve, parts ordered and received
- Processes P.O.s and maintains database for accurate receipt of materials.
2. CLIENT CONTACT
- Maintains positive customer service interaction in all contact with clients.
- Uses strong telephone solicitation techniques, including written "telephone scripts" for communicating with clients.
- Uses standard business letter models for all written correspondence.
- Maintains accurate and updated record of all telephone conversations, correspondence, rebilling, and other communication.
- Returns customer calls and inquiries promptly
3.SUPPORT FOR MANAGER
- Provides support to Managers and Field Supervisors as needed.
- Produces proposals, reports and project updates as needed.
- Provides helpful and problem-solving approach to difficult situations.
- Responds to requests from corporate accounting, human resources, or senior management as directed by Manager.
- May acquire immediate information for all work-related incidents. May prepare and report information for First Report of Injury to insurance carrier, Safety Director and Director of Human Resources.
SALES AND ESTIMATING
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with customer and referral base.
- Promote capabilities of district within key district market areas.
- Promote cross-selling and cooperative sales opportunities.
- Establish and maintain communication with Owners, their representatives, and other contractors pertaining to work schedules, progress reports, change orders and any critical factors related to site work.
- Communicate as necessary with Owners, their representatives, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and building inspectors where required, to represent the client's interests and to resolve issues of non-compliance or discrepancy.
- Work closely with clients to ensure that all circumstances involving disagreement as to scope, method of handling on site conditions, or other client dissatisfaction, is handled tactfully, and with patience and integrity.
- Ensure compliance with NFPA standards.
- Visit job sites to monitor work in progress, determine scope of work for proposals.
- Individual also performs administrative tasks in office environment utilizing standard office equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, and/or perform site surveys to gain understanding of scope of project
- Diligently seek to obtain the contract within established financial guidelines for district
- Prepare proposals, submit estimates, and negotiate contracts with new and recurring customers.
Individual works in non-smoking office environment utilizing standard office equipment. Position requires visual acuity for PC and record keeping activities; auditory acuity for heavy telephone use. Occasional light to moderate lifting and moving (20-40 pounds) for office supplies. May include intermittent activities in warehouse storage area. May be trained to use forklift to move supplies and equipment safely in warehouse area. Require mobility to visit client offices, other types of facilities and project locations. Require standard business hours, limited after hours work required
Must be capable of traversing rough job sites, climbing ladders or lifts as necessary to view conditions of project scope, as well as access to confined spaces, attics, basements, and cooler installations. This will usually involve performing duties which require handling, placement, ascending/descending and various visual inspection functions while on the ladder. Requires visual acuity to read documents and drawings as needed. Position requires visual acuity for PC and written documents; requires good speaking voice for phone interaction and auditory acuity for telephone use as well as digital dexterity for PC use. Must possess valid driver's license.
Must provide criminal background information to meet Department of Criminal Justice authorization card standards
Work performed in variety of office, commercial and industrial sites, which may include hard-hat areas. When making site visits, may traverse rough terrain, required to use lifts, platforms and ladders and work 6 feet or more above ground level. On job-sites, must remain alert to job-site hazards and safety requirements.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!