VSC Fire and Security, a leading fire protection and life safety system contractor, is seeking a Fire Sprinkler Helper in our Large Contracts Department for the Virginia Beach district. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills and an opportunity to grow with a dynamic company.
- This position is considered a trainee who is learning the mechanics of sprinkler system installation.
- This position may be responsible for site clean-up, unloading, staging, and distributing work material to other employees at a job site.
- Position will also cut and thread pipe.
- May install and test fire sprinkler systems under the close guidance of a Sprinkler Fitter. Position receives guidance and direction regarding day-to-day work tasks from a Sprinkler Fitter
- Construction trade experience demonstrated mechanical skills or related training are preferred.
- Candidates must be reliable, able to follow verbal work instructions/directions, able to follow through on assigned tasks, and exhibit the initiative to learn the skills of the trade.
- The ability to read labels, signage and directions along with basic math computation skills are also required.
- Candidates should have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record in case required to drive a company vehicle and reliable transportation.
VSC Fire & Security offers competitive pay based on skills and experience, an excellent benefits package, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and holidays.
VSC Fire and Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!