Job Location: Raleigh, NC - Raleigh, NC
Salary Range: Undisclosed
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities. We are on a path of growth and looking for team members to add to our growing offices who are interested in company training, educational opportunities, and potential for upward mobility as we value promoting from within.
The Fire Inspector Trainee is responsible for learning on-the-job training in conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on fire suppression equipment. The Trainee must work towards obtaining proper NICET level II certifications during apprenticeship to move into a Certified Inspector role.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of two years of experience in fire protection systems or relatable mechanical experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Field Technicians in the inspection and testing of fire protection systems.
- Expected to render all services in accordance with manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards and Company policies and procedures.
- Accuracy and timeliness is a must.
- Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company’s reputation.
- Expected to keep our word 100% of the time and work every day until our obligations are met, which may result in overtime.
- Operates and uses measuring instruments and gauges and assorted industry related devices.
- Must continuously adhere to Company’s Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard.
- Expected to work safely, by using good judgment and following all Company safety policies and work procedures with authority to stop an unsafe acts
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must exhibit characteristics consistent with encouraging Team concept.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must provide quality customer service.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, plus
- Experience in the fire protection industry preferred.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push and pull.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Must be able to travel and stay out of town as needed.
- Must be able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures.
- Must be able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels.
Eagle Fire Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.