Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Service Fire Sprinkler Fitter in the Roanoke District. W
We are looking for a Fire Sprinkler Fitter with a proven track record in our industry. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and, paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Relocation incentive (when appropriate)
As part of the VSC Fire & Security, Inc. team the Fire Sprinkler Fitter:
- Installs and tests fire suppression equipment in new or retro-fit construction projects
- Follows fire sprinkler installation design plans, communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements
- Delivers materials to the job site and for minor fabrication on job site as needed
- Utilizes hand tools, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools
- Works alone or with other crew members under the direction of a Foreman
- Oversees work of apprentice(s) and helper(s) assigned to project
- When assigned to working alone, is responsible for communication with site superintendent, owner and field superintendent as representative of VSC Fire & Security, Inc.
The Fire Sprinkler Fitter position requires:
- Knowledge of pipefitting, related plumbing regulations and fire protection codes and standards
- Holds valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!