Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Alarm Technician in Salem, VA.
We are looking for a Fire Alarm Technician with a proven track record in our industry. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and, paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Relocation incentive (when appropriate)
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The Fire Alarm Technician :
- Is responsible for service and construction project management (as needed) of fire alarm systems, as well as other types of low voltage systems
- Interacts and communicate in a professional manner not only within the organization but also with customers
The qualifications for the Fire Alarm Technician position include:
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge related to service and programming of fire alarm systems
- Experience with NFPA 72 and IFC.
- FCI, Fire-Lite, Fike, Gamewell experience (preferred)
- NICET Level I certification in Fire Alarm Systems is desired with the ability to obtain NICET Level II certification within two years of employment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to accurately complete forms/documents and read/comprehend drawings and schematics
- Previous fire alarm certification a plus
- The candidate should be capable of working with minimum supervision and able to trouble shoot and repair systems
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!