VSC Fire & Security in Salisbury is seeking candidates for the position of Fire Sprinkler Fitter.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary- overtime eligible
- Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 2:30 pm.
- Options for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- A 401K plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
What you need:
- Working knowledge of pipefitting, related plumbing regulations and fire protection codes and standards.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with fire sprinkler systems or completion of an approved Pipefitter Apprentice Program with a Journeyman certification.
- Knowledge to install, hang and connect pipe and necessary vales following designed plans.
- Ability to assign and delegate tasks to helpers or apprentices to make best use of personnel available on job site.
- Ability to follow all site-specific safety standards as directed by the company or client-required site safety regulations.
- Displays leadership skills and the desire to advance in position.
- A valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record may be needed for use of company vehicle.
What you will do:
- Install and test fire suppression equipment in new or retrofit construction projects.
- Follow design plans and communicate needed changes to fit actual site requirements.
- Be responsible for materials delivered to site and for minor fabrication on job site.
- Communication with site superintendent, owner and field superintendent as needed.
- Use hand tools, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic power tools.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!