Job Location: Winston-Salem, NC - Winston-Salem, NC
Salary Range: Undisclosed
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. You will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions if selected for a personal interview.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities. We are on a path of growth and looking for team members to add to our growing offices who are interested in company training, educational opportunities, and potential for upward mobility as we value promoting from within.
The Sprinkler Technician Trainee assists the Sprinkler Technician in the layout, fabrication, installation, repair, and maintenance of fixed fire protection systems including wet, dry, preaction and deluge. Expected to learn the sprinkler trade through the Apprenticeship Program with the ultimate goal of becoming a NICET II certified Sprinkler Technician running an assigned company truck.
- Assists in preparing and moving materials and equipment to and from job site.
- Assists in set up of work area including equipment and machine set up.
- Trains with Technician to learn and complete the layout, fabrication, installation, repair, and maintenance of fixed fire protection systems
- Completes all services following manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures
- Learns from Technician how to interpret blueprints and/or working drawings in order to properly install, repair, and maintain systems
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe using proper tools and machines and joins and secures pipe using proper standards and techniques, after receiving hands-on training with certified technician
- Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for the position
- Adheres to ALL Company Standards and Procedures, including the Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard
- High school diploma or GED required; some post high school education or training preferred
- Experience in the fire protection industry preferred
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to lift and move objects weighing up to 100 pounds, work from heights above 10 feet, and work in confined areas
- Able to stand for long periods of time and to lift, crouch, reach, handle, push, and pull
- Able to work in extremely cold and extremely hot temperatures
- Able to work while exposed to loud sounds and noise levels
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Apprenticeship available
- NICET testing fees
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Recruiting Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Uniforms Provided
Eagle Fire Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.