Job Location: Charleston, SC - North Charleston, SC
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Since 1987, Eagle Fire Inc has evolved into a best-of-class provider of fire sprinkler systems, fire protection, life safety services, special hazards systems, fire alarm services, access control systems, fire protection systems management, and fire extinguisher sales and service in support of the commercial, industrial, government, and mercantile facilities. We are on a path of growth and looking for team members to add to our growing offices who are interested in company training, educational opportunities, and potential for upward mobility as we value promoting from within.
As our Fire Sprinkler Systems Designer, you are responsible for leading the team to success by applying industry knowledge and quality standards while coordinating customer relations and budgeting necessities. In addition, you will provide design and technical support for installation and repair of fire sprinkler protection projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses discretion and judgment to complete design and installation drawings for fire sprinkler systems.
- Creates project material and equipment lists based on the completed design drawings.
- Conducts analytical studies of fire sprinkler protection proposals to develop designs in compliance with NFPA codes, manufacturer instructions and customer requirements.
- Support the operation by communicating with field personnel and subcontractors to properly execute the installation of the system based on modifications due to field conditions.
- Performs and checks fire sprinkler system calculations
- Assists with fire sprinkler system bid estimates
- Provides standard documents of designs for Company records, authority having jurisdiction and any other entity which may be required.
- Prepares analysis of criteria or data and prepares reports to determine if sprinkler design meets functional and performance criteria.
- Communicates any design issues, job schedules, and other routine communications to the customer and Service Center Manager.
- Participates in pre-submittal, project review and job cost meetings.
- Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company’s reputation.
- Expected to keep our word 100% of the time and work every day until our obligations are met.
- Has and is expected to use the authority to make decisions that will provide successful transactions and satisfy customers.
- Responsible for completing continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position.
- Must exhibit characteristics consistent with encouraging Team concept.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must possess a practical knowledge of fire protection codes and standards.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude with the ability to use trade tools and equipment.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction documents and shop drawings.
- Must provide quality customer service.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work alone.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must handle multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Must interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
- Must possess the ability to handle change, resolve conflict and solve problems as they arise with minimal direction.
- Must possess excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Professional, applicable database programs, CADD operation, and a working knowledge of interface equipment used in above duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Level II NICET certification in Fire Sprinkler Design
- Ability to operate CADD required
Eagle Fire Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.