Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for an experienced Fire Sprinkler Designer in our Jonesboro, AR location.
A successful Fire Sprinkler Designer will:
- Review the customer requirements and collaborate with all team members to gather required information to design the fire sprinkler system
- Plan and design fire sprinkler system drawings and schematics for commercial, residential and industrial buildings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software based in the AutoCAD system
- Adhere to all applicable fire, life safety and building codes including manufacturer instructions, National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) codes and standards and local building code compliance requirements
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- Plan and coordinate stock listing and material for installation and project execution
- Meet client and customer needs and support efficient project management via excellent communication and problem solving skills
- 2-5 years experience in fire sprinkler design
- NICET certification preferred
- Understanding of NFPA and local Authorities Having Jurisdiction requirements
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, MS Word and Excel
- Proficient in AutoCAD design software or other fire protection design software
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and spatial orientation aptitude and skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
To watch a brief video related to the many career opportunities with VSC Fire & Security and to hear from some of our current employees, please click here.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
EOE Disability/Veteran Employer