Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Fitter in the Large Contracts Department of the Virginia Beach District Office.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
As part of the VSC Fire & Security, Inc. team the Fire Sprinkler Fitter:
- Installs and tests fire suppression equipment in new or retro-fit construction projects
- Follows fire sprinkler installation design plans, communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements
- Delivers materials to the job site and for minor fabrication on job site as needed
- Utilizes hand tools, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools
- Works alone or with other crew members under the direction of a Foreman
- Oversees work of apprentice(s) and helper(s) assigned to project
- When assigned to working alone, is responsible for communication with site superintendent, owner and field superintendent as representative of VSC Fire & Security, Inc.
The Fire Sprinkler Fitter position requires:
- Completion of approved Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice Program (Levels 1-4) with Journeyman certification or 1+ years demonstrated Sprinkler Fitter experience
- Knowledge of pipefitting, related plumbing regulations and fire protection codes and standards
- Holds valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company vehicle.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!