Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Foreman in the Raleigh District.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The Fire Sprinkler Foreman:
- Leads the fire sprinkler installation field labor team, generally the lead person of small installation team and at times will lead large jobs with multiple crews
- Installs and tests fire suppression equipment in new or retro-fit construction projects
- Executes fire sprinkler design plans
- Communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements
- Manages materials delivered to site and for minor fabrication on job site
- Uses hand tools, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools
- Functions as VSC Fire & Security, Inc. representative on the job site
- Works closely with owner or general contractor's representatives, other trades, and company field superintendent, design manager and purchasing agent to insure smooth installation process
- Attends weekly General Contractor progress meetings as needed
- Notes and documents change orders
- Oversees work of apprentice(s) and helper(s) assigned to project as needed
- Conducts weekly tool box safety meetings
The qualifications for the Fire Sprinkler Foreman position include:
- Completion of approved Pipefitter Apprentice Program (Levels 1-4) with Journeyman certification or 3-5 years Sprinkler Fitter experience under direct supervision of Foreman
- Knowledge of pipefitting, plumbing regulations and fire protection codes
- Valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company vehicle
- First Aid certification
- Commitment and responsibility to lead team and achieve personal and team work goals
- Leadership skills, including ability to communicate, address personnel issues and make fair decisions related to project demands, customer service and employee assignments
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We look forward to hearing from you!